Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Olive Green Barstools

FINALLY! I'm doing my post on my bar stools. It's been a long tedious journey with these two. Really, it has. I swear I will NEVER take on another project with spindles. (I know Justin Bieber .. never say never.) But they were a pain in the butt. But all in all I'm happy with how they turned out. I used Rust-oleum spray paint on these but I've already threw the cans away, so I hate to say I don't have the name of the color. Anywho .. pictures!

BEFORE!

AFTER!


 I'll tack this onto this post so I don't write 2 in one day. (not that there's anything wrong with that! i'm just lazy.) My grandfather has made the decision to move in with my parents. He lives in a retirement home and I think he's just getting scared of being by himself all the time. We are all excited to have him out here! Now he'll always be here when we do fun things with the family and such. Anyways, the point that I'm making is that when he leaves his apartment, he won't need any of his furniture anymore. And everyone in the family agreed that I can have it! So, yeah .. I'm excited! Lots of new projects headed my way.

Speaking of projects... I was given this cedar chest a month or so ago. It's just sat around because I'm not sure exactly what I want to do with it yet. It had a pretty big crack down the center of the top, but M fixed it up on the inside so it's not coming apart any time soon. But because of that I didn't just want to restain it. So keep in mind when you see this picture, that it is getting painted! I've been using it as a base for painting a few other things.. :)


At first I really fell in love with this chest done by Cottage in the Oaks. And I just figured that I would do something along those lines, but maybe with an argyle patter on top. Then after seeing the things that Suzanne @ WhyCuzICan has done with the sheet music, I started thinking maybe covering the top in sheet music and painting the rest would be cute. Now I'm torn. So help me out .. What would you do??


[EDIT:  forgot to mention that I've been changing my layout around. i'm never satisfied with something for to long. but if my blog looks a little funky for the next few days .. i'm working on it!]

LINKING UP @ Handy Man, Crafty Woman, DIY by Design, The Shabby Creek Cottage,

2 comments:

WhyCuzICan said...

Welcome back to posting again, Holly- we've missed ya :)

Congrats on reuniting the family and your neat projects you've been up to. I'll be catching up on more of your blog later

~Suzanne and Speavers (and Butterscotch and Hershey the Choc lab) in Illinois

WhyCuzICan said...

BTW, I noticed the redesign of your blog... cute!
~Suzanne

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes