Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm still Kicking .. I Swear!!

So it's been a minute or two since I last posted anything. Things have been a tad crazy these last couple of weeks. Last Tuesday, my grandmother passed away. It was her time. She lived a long (93 years!!) and blessed life. I only cried a little, mainly because I know she is so much happier now. But it's still really hard to think about. Love you Mammaw!!

Been selling a few little pieces of furniture here and there. Today I planned on finished my barstools that I started a hundred years ago. So I take them outside to spray on their clear coat, come back inside, grab what I THOUGHT was clear coat .. and sprayed white paint onto my pretty green barstool. UGH! I was so devasted, BUT I pulled through and fixed it. It's still a little noticable in one spot, but I think that just adds to the "distressed" look. Tomorrow I should have some pictures.

Financially, things are getting a tad stressful. We messed ourselves up last payday and it's taking us a bit to get back on top. Things are kinda touch and go at M's job. They're getting ready to do some "budget cuts" and employee's could be the first thing to go. Lord be with us if that happens.

This weekend I'm gonna go job hunting. Just for a little part time something to help out. Until I can really kick off my furniture and stuff, the income I'm making just isn't quite steady enough to help out a whole lot.

So that's my life right now! Hope everyone else is having a much better week that I. Now, just because, a few pictures from my phone and some shameless plug for my facebook page! :)

Mammaw & my Dad the saturday before she passed. I'm so happy we went to see her!

Hershey wrapped up in a blanket one morning. It was chilly!!

Wait! Is that RAIN?? we finally got some.
Annnnd, if you haven't liked my Facebook Page yet, Please do!! >> Holly in Wonderland
Anyone on Instagram? It's my new obsession. Look me up! >> Holly Smith or Holly in Wonderland

1 comments:

WhyCuzICan said...

Holly,

I am so sorry for your loss. But your Grandma is with the Lord now, and need not worry about anything. It's hard, I know. I lost my Grandma in 2000 (Gigi was her name). I miss her alot, but am comforted in knowing that she is with Our Lord now, and need not worry or want for anything, anymore.

I was just thinking about your last night, and planned on emailing today. It must be the Lord giving me a nudge, even though we've only exchanged an email or two thru our blogs. I'll be doing that later today.

God Bless you and your family,
Suzanne and Speavers in NW Illinois

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes