Friday, September 2, 2011

2 projects 1 post.

I think I am probably one of the worst bloggers to exist. I'd love to say that my lack of posting is because I'm living a really busy, exciting lifestyle .. but I'm not. I'm a housewife. A stay at home dreamer. But I do have a couple of little projects to share with you today. I have a few more that are in the works right now. Although for the last 3 days I have been diseased with some kinda horrid sinus plaque. Those 3 days have went like this: Wake up. Walk to my parents house and eat some mushy oatmeal. Fall asleep on their couch for 3 hours. Wake up feeling worse than before. Walk back home. Lay on the couch and watch cheesy daytime tv. Eat some crackers. Lay on the couch and watch boring nighttime tv. Go to bed. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Tonight the hubby promised me a cheeseburger. I've wanted one the whole time I've been sick. We'll see how that goes, but I'm eating it!

Ok, so on to the projects. The first one is a owl statue. I have 2 of these and I got the idea that one would look cute painted. To use in our guest bedroom, I painted it a light blue color.



Next is the book case that I got from my parents. It's going in the guest room as well and I'm painting all the furniture white to help tone down the bright blue walls. I forgot to take a good before picture, so this one is while it's laying down being sanded. But you get the idea. :)



And now the after. TADA!






I actually didn't have any white paint, so I just used my Kilz primer. I figured since it was just for me, why not? Then I used silver rub n buff around the edges and creases. I covered the back of it with old book pages that I modpodged onto it. Then coated the whole thing with clear laquer spray.

Sorry for the lack of details and words. Hopefully I will become a better blogger. Especially once I've kicked this sickness to the curb. Hope everyone has an amazing holiday weekend!! :)

LINKING UP @ Miss Mustard Seed

2 comments:

WhyCuzICan said...

OHHHH HOLLY! I commented earlier today hoping you would pop over to a Linky Party or two and ta-da! You did!

Love your work, and wish you ALL of the best to you and your new hubby :)

Smiles from
Suzanne & "Speavers" in NW IL

WhyCuzICan said...

BTW, sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well lately--- consider me placing a nice hot bowel of Chicken Soup in front of you!

SO glad you are "back". Love the mod podge back to the book case too

Smiles, Me

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes