Thursday, September 22, 2011

Rainbows & Candy Corn

So, M's birthday was on the 13th! Birthdays around here are just like any other day. We usually try to cook something up yummy and maybe a small little gift. This year, things have been kinda tight, so we opted to do pizza. Well, I did. M didn't know anything about it until he was eating it!



I've been wanting to make a Rainbow Cake since like .. forever. So, I figured why not make M an extremely manly birthday cake this year! He was ok with it. I intended to use this recipe but then decided I'd just get white cake mixes. That's easier. Then I attempted this buttercream icing recipe that's on the same page. DISASTER! I don't know what I did wrong, but I did something. I finally manged to salvage it enough to use for the crumb layer, but I opted to use store bought icing for the outside. I'm in love with this cake, but I will try an easier way about it next time.







I also made him some Candy Corn Bark (recipe found here) and my dad just gave him a tub of Candy Corn. Can you tell M likes sugar?! And that wraps up M's birthday.


I'm currently working on a buffett that was my grandfather's. I've got it painted, just doing the finishing touches. I am also swapping around our living room furniture, which means that the house is a sight right now. God please don't let anyone show up at the front door!! Posts on those coming soon!

[EDIT] yes, i changed my blog again. i never seem to be quite satisfied, but i think this one will stick for awhile. but don't hold your breath. [/EDIT]

2 comments:

WhyCuzICan said...

Yes, I see that you have changed the blog design again!! LOL

Thanks for the newest post, Holly!

Smiles,
Follower in NW IL,
Suzanne

christy lou...who? said...

great... now i'm hungry for pizza and cake! ;)

and, this new layout is by far my favorite!! you are NOT allowed to change anything about it for at least... hmmmm. can you handle a month??? LOL.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes