Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcakes


Yesterday my family had a cook out for the holiday. Well, it turned out to be much more of a "cook in" thanks to all the rain we've been having. I suppose it was a good time. My family can be loud and obnoxious, all the time. I don't really do well in large groups of people, especially when there's a few who insist on being loud. Not to mention all the extremely unnecessary drama that goes on. I pretty much ate and then went back home. Social butterfly, right?
But, I did make some cupcakes! I have fallen in love with Betty Crocker's website. Everything on it is so easy to make and yummy. I've been wanting to make these for a while now, so I figured a cook out was a good time to try them. Delicious!! I recommend this 100%.

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcakes (via Betty Crocker)


1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
3 tablespoons strawberry preserves
1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, cut into 24 pieces
1 container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy cream cheese frosting
Sliced fresh small strawberries, if desired

1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. In large bowl, mix cake mix, water, sour cream, oil and eggs with spoon until well blended (batter will be thick). Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.

2. In small bowl, stir preserves until smooth. Place 1 piece of cream cheese on top of each cupcake; press into batter slightly. Spoon 1/4 measuring teaspoon preserves on top of cream cheese in each cupcake.

3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until tops are golden brown and spring back when touched lightly in center (some preserves may show in tops of cupcakes). Cool 10 minutes in pans; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.

4. Spread frosting over cupcakes. Just before serving, garnish each cupcake with strawberry slices. Store covered in refrigerator.


I pretty much followed this recipe exactly, except that I used alot more than 3 tablespoons of the preserves. I just put a small spoonful on each cupcake. It makes 24 cupcakes and after everyone left yesterday, we have about 5 left! The only thing I'll do next time is double it!




1 comments:

Mary and Dyer said...

Those look so yummy!! Thanks for the recipe - can't wait to try them :)

I just became your newest follower! I would love for you to check out our blog & follow us back if you'd like.

Also, check out our giveaway for a Tiffany & Co. necklace!

Blessings,

Kat
www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes