Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Custom Art DIY

A few weeks ago my dad got several boxes of "junk" from a friend of his. His friend bought the whole load at a flea market for like 15$. After he got out what he wanted, he gave the rest to my dad. So of course, I went through it. I pulled out a box full of stuff that I kept and these pictures are just one of the many things I kept to makeover.

solid wood frames. the pictures are just not my style.
I debated for a while on how I wanted to use them. Finally I decided to just bust out some spray paint. I picked Blue Lagoon and Berry from Rustoleum. I think that these are 2 of my favorite colors. I didn't do anything special, just 2 good coats of paint. Then I printed out a couple of simple pages with our initials on them. I chose orange for the blue frame and green for the pink one. I love how they turned out. Very simple, yet it'll add a pop of color to our living room. I plan on getting some floating shelves to hang between our front door and window, but until then, these are just chilling in a safe spot. Now I wish I had more frames to play with!





Ps. It's really hard to take pictures of glass without getting that god awful glare/reflection thing going on!

LINKING UP @ Handy Man, Crafty Woman, My Girlish Whims, DIY by Design, Lil' Luna, Ginger Snap Crafts, Sew Much Ado, Domestically Speaking, Liz Marie Blog,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes