Tuesday, June 19, 2012

RECIPE {blueberry pound cake}

My mom makes this cake all the time. My parents have blueberry bushes, so this is a easy way to use a lot of them up. Sunday, on top of being Father's Day, it was also my dad's birthday. Since this is one of his favorite cakes, I decided to make it for him. This was my first time making this cake but it was so easy, I'll definitely be making it again! I didn't get a picture of the whole cake because we all dug into it almost immediately!


Blueberry Pound Cake

  • 1 cup of butter, softened
  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 cups of flour + 1 cup for coating blueberries
  • 1 pint blueberries
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. In a mixing bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until fully blended. Next add in the eggs and mix well. Next, mix in vanilla, salt, baking powder and flour. You should have a nice super thick batter. Using the remaining cup of flour, coat the blueberries. Once they've got a good coat of flour, add them into the batter. (Don't let all the extra flour go in with them tho! Just the berries.) Fold the berries into the batter until they've mixed in well. Pour into a greased/floured bunt pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let cool completely and then flip onto your cake plate!

My dad prefers his without icing, but I like a little drizzle on mine. The mixture I use is confectioners sugar, a few drops of vanilla and a bit of milk. I don't really measure these out. I just put the sugar in a bowl and add in the milk and vanilla and stir it up. Just play with the sugar/milk until you reach your desired consistency!

Enjoy!!


LINKING UP @

3 comments:

Holly in Wonderland said...

Thank you!! I would love to enter! On my way :)

Unknown said...

Holly,

This pound cake looks awesome! We have some blueberry bushes in our yard, but sadly they are not producing yet.

I followed you over from the Handy Man, Crafty Woman linky party. I would love if you stopped by my blog.

Thanks for sharing,
Laura

Holly in Wonderland said...

Thank you!! I'm planning to move some bushes from my parents yard this fall. I'm hoping they will make it! I don't have much experience with getting things to grow. haha

I will definitely click over and check out your blog too! :)

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes