Friday, June 17, 2011

Craft Room Start!

I've been wanting to turn our smallest spare room into a craft room for months now. Just so that I have someplace to keep all my supplies so that they aren't scattered all over the house, like they are now. I still have to move the bed out, and I'm not exactly sure where I'm going to store it. Our storage building is packed with holiday stuff and furniture waiting to be worked on. But last night I came up with a brilliant idea to decorate my room. At least I think so anyways. It all started with this...


I printed out letters on the computer to make a collage on the wall. Something to kinda display my name and make it feel more like me. After cutting allll these out, my hand was cramped up pretty bad. Plus I'm still not done, I've got several more flowers and such to cut out that go with it. So then I went and tacked them up on the wall with some painter's tape just to get an idea of how it would look before I made it perm.


I think its incredibly cute, but the color of the letters is awfully close to the wall color. I had planned to paint the window wall a lime green, but now I'm thinking that this wall should be green so that the letters will really POP! I also talked with M about building me a bookshelf for the opposite wall to store all my goodies in. Now if I can just figure out where to store that bed at, I can get things rolling!

1 comments:

WhyCuzICan said...

Holly- me again :)

I was reading more on your blog today and saw the 101 things in 1001 days...I LOVE that idea...might have to "put myself" out there too!

Haven't read thru your whole list yet, but what # is "create yourself an awsome craft room"? Surely it has to be on your list!

Smiles, Suzanne and Speavers in Illinois

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes