Monday, June 13, 2011

Quick update and some Pictures!

So today was my first day "working" at home. My last day at my day job was Wednesday. I told myself I could have the weekend to be lazy and just enjoy myself. On friday night, I had a slumber party with myself. Saturday, I baked a rainbow cake! Sunday, I cooked Tequila Lime Chicken (just like Applebee's!) for M and my parents. Now it's time to get to work! I've been taking lots of pictures and have lots of things to update about but for now, just a quick picture of my first project.

I've got a pair of end tables that i've tackled as my first project. They were my grandparents and I was given them when I got my first apartment. There actually was a coffee table that matched them, but it has somehow disappeared. I don't remember throwing it out, but I guess I did. They have served me well for the last 10 years so now I'm passing them on..


a sneak peek!


In between coats of paint on these 2 guys, I set up a sofa table outside to be sanded and I went back and forth. The heat was ridiculous, within minutes I would have sweat rolling down my face. Yummy, I know. At the end of the day, I was left with this lovely sunburn. (excuse the nastiness that is me, this was pre-shower)


Now I'm clean, fed and ready to lay up for the night with this little cutie! Her name is Roxy and she belongs to my parents. They are having some issues dealing with potty training her and all her energy, so I'm taking her for the night. Not that I'm complaining! She's adorable and she loves it here with all our critters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes