Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hello Yellow!

New blog layout! I got bored last night, and as much as I love owls, I was just a little tired of looking at the old layout. Anywho, this post is to be about my yellow sofa table! It came from my uncle. I get alot of my things from him. He has a habit of buying new stuff and then 6 months later, wanting something else, so he just gives it away. Score! I forgot to take a before picture and I've even looked through old pictures hoping to find it in one of them. No such luck, so we'll start with the first coat of primer:


And then a second coat of primer:


And let me say, I am super messy with primer. I think I should probably start buying it in the spray cans, because when it's all over with, I'm covered. I even had it in my hair! And being oil based, it did NOT want to come off. Nightmare!


I actually had only bought a little paint sample bottle of this yellow color. The color is called "Warm Gold" in the Glidden brand. And I thought yellow would be such a fun color for a sofa table! So me and my little sample bottle got to painting:


The little sample got the whole table covered, but obviously it needed more coats. Which made me have to go out and buy a whole gallon of yellow! Well it didn't make me, I wanted to. I've actually decided to do yellow in my craft room now because I love this color so much! But that's a nightmare in itself and for a whoooole other post.

After buying more paint, and painting a few more coats. Then some light distressing and some clear coating. OH and I also painted the inside of the drawer a turquoise blue color that I had leftover from some bedroom things and lined it with a really pretty paper that I printed out from online! So, without further ado:







Hope you like it! I know I do! Yellow just makes me feel happy and I need all the happy I can get here lately. :)
LINKING UP:

23 comments:

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Love this...especially the color. I just painted a garden chair this color and my neighbors all love it - so bright and cheery! I also liked that you lined the drawer - a nice surprise! Well Done!

Cassie Bustamante said...

that is adorable! the color is so perfect and fun!

Decor & Harmony said...

I love the color but you know what I even like more!? The way you distress it's my preference, but I like "thick and chunky" distressing and that's what you have on this table it really looks great :) Your newest follower.

Holly in Wonderland said...

thank you guys so much for the nice comments!! this is only my 2nd piece of furniture to do, so it lifts my spirits to know that others like it!!

:)

Debbiedoos said...

You had me at yellow, but your daily mugshot made me laugh out loud. I see you are new to blogging..every Monday I host a newbie party. Would love to have you.

Nicole Joelle said...

So cute! Plus, that color of yellow is perfect! Lovely :)

Deana said...

What a fun color, so bright and cheery! This post would be such a great addition to my blog party! I hope you stop by and join in.

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

I love the color and the piece! Great job!

Ali Richardson said...

This color just screams HAPPY!! Great job!

fran @ eleven-o-one said...

Yellow is the perfect color for this piece. Great job.

WhyCuzICan said...

Love the yellow/turqu combo, Holly :)

Thanks for popping by my new blog with encouragng words as a fellow newbie and inviting me over to peek at yours. I did, I'm here, I'm happy, and now a follower of YOURS :)

Smiles from Suzanne in IL

Inspired by you said...

Lovin' the yellow. It turned out great!

Unknown said...

I love the yellow! Thanks for the inspiration....stopped by from MMS i'm your newest follower
Jill

Kathy said...

I love this sofa table and want one just like it for a desk for my bedroom, I've been looking on craigslist, hoping I can find one just as pretty as yours.

Taunnie said...

Love, love, love it! You did a fantastic job. I am a big fan of yellow and that hidden bit of turquoise takes it over the top :)

Anonymous said...

oh could you please list the brand and name of the yellow ? I LOVE this and looking for just the right shade of yellow, this looks like it!

Love your daily mug shots - too cute!

thanks !

Holly in Wonderland said...

The color is "Warm Gold" in Glidden brand. I finally looked! haha

Thank you guys soo much for all the sweet comments!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you sooooooo much Holly!

Have a great 4th!

Unknown said...

Love your little yellow table redo. the yellow is beautiful. would love to feature this on my next revival monday it that is ok with you please let me know
lauren

Holly in Wonderland said...

ohmigosh! i would love that! thank you so much!! :)

blush restoration said...

this is so lovely...LOVE the yellow!

Katie said...

I love yellow!! Your table looks awesome! I love the colors you used inside the drawer too!

Hollie @ I'm Busy Procrastinating said...

Oooh, I like that yellow. I just finished a very similar table to use as a writing desk in my bedroom, only mine is yellow.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes