Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Vintage End Tables

My mom bought these end tables (and coffee table, but that's somehow gone missing!) for my grandparents when they bought a new house. I believe I was like 3 at the time, so that makes them about 25 years old. That's Vintage! Whenever my grandparents decided to move outta there house and into "retirement" homes, I took on the tables to use in my first apartment. That was around 10 years ago. Now I'm actually just kinda tired of looking at them, so I decided that they needed a facelift. Here's what the tables looked like before:

When I first started, I was going to paint the edges in a beige color, so I assumed that I wouldn't have to prime. Big Mistake. So they sat half painted in my living room for over 2 weeks... then I finally went and bought some primer and got to work!



I'm not much for writing a tutorial of what all I did. Not to mention this is my first attempt at it! Hopefully with all the upcoming projects I have planned, it'll become easier for me to write it all out.

Now it's pouring down rain outside, the dogs are terrified of the thunder and I have so much work to do! I have about 8 loads of laundry, dishes, a craft room to start painting and some barstools to start sanding down. Although it's hard to move with 2 dogs under your feet at every moment...

2 comments:

christy lou...who? said...

i like the new layout... but i'm gonna miss the owls :)

WhyCuzICan said...

I really like your first attempt, Holly. You make bold choices when you work, and I really admire that. GOOD FOR YOU!

Your newest follower,
Suzanne in IL

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes