Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful: 6 Things

It seems appropriate to write up a post about the things that I'm grateful for. Considering it is Thanksgiving and all. Of course I could never put down every single thing that matters to me, but these are definitely the top few.

1. My husband. We have been through some crap over the last (almost) 6 years. But we have always loved each other and that made everything else alright. He works super hard at his 2 jobs to support our little family. He has always been super supportive of what I've wanted to do, although these last couple of months have pushed him. I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for him. So I am definitely thankful that he is in my life for good!


2. My family who is crazy and super embarrassing. But whose isn't, right? They have always been there for me, no matter what. I love them more than anything even tho there are times when I've wanted to kill them. I'm sure that feeling has been mutual though. :) I am also super thankful for my extended family, who can also be crazy and super embarrassing! But I wouldn't trade any of them for the world.

M's family. (mom, dad, sister. niece not pictured)

My family. (everyone, minus a few)

3. My friends. Especially my best friend, Christy. (she has a blog too, but doesn't post much. go encourage her!!) Her and I have really been through some stuff. Some amazing experiences (like falling in love!) and some not so great experiences (like falling out of love.) She lives in Kentucky and I miss her everyday. I can't wait until I can get back up there to visit! But I know that no matter how I screw up or how low I fall, she will always be there for me. And I for her. Secondly, all my old co-workers. I don't get to see them as often as I did when we all worked together, but I consider them some of my best friends. One of those you can say anything at anytime and they just get it. I miss you guys sooo much!!




4. My home. I feel super blessed to have my own home to live in. M and I went through some rough times when we still lived in Michigan. Moving back home has really worked out for us. It's all due to my dad of course since we both blew our credit to pieces. But we live in an amazing place. In the woods, with a pond and horses and it's so peaceful. I really need to learn to enjoy it more.



 5. My furbabies. They are my world and I would feel so lost without them. Zoey in particular. She has been with me for 6 years (longer than M!) and I refuse to think of the day when she will no longer be here. I notice every day that she's getting older. She's slowing down and sometimes she struggles with the simplest of things. I know she's only 6 but her legs have given her some problems in the past and it's evident that her joints are starting to act up. All of my critters see me at my worst, lowest moments and they still love me. Nothing has touched me more than to be crying my eyes out and Hershey comes to lick my face. They know and it is such a precious thing.





6. Having the opportunity to follow my dreams. This one is touchy though. In a recent post I made, I explained why I haven't gone farther in my quest to complete self-employment. I have alot of issues that I need to work on with myself in order to make my dreams come true. But my family supports me and even though I have pushed there limits here lately, they are still on board with me. I'm for sure going to work on this, I may never have another chance to do something so amazing.


I chose 6 because 5 just wasn't enough. :) I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. I've spent the whole day crafting and cooking. (posts coming soon!) Back at it in the morning!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comments:

WhyCuzICan said...

What a wonderful and heartfelt Thankful post, Holly!

I feel Blessed for getting to know your blog and being your Follower all this time.

You'll do fine, just don't "give up the fight". Your dreams will come true, but it takes work, and I'm feeling you are stronger and up for it all the time.

Best wishes to you and M for a safe and happy Thanksgiving

God Bless you,
Suzanne in NW Illinois

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes