Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Upcoming Projects!


I mentioned in a previous post that I had purchased 3 new furniture pieces to refinish. As of this moment, I have not started any of them. (Shame!) But I'm planning to get started on the desk tomorrow. They are all pretty dirty in these pictures. We don't have a lot of room to store the pieces I work on, so I usually try to just incorporate them into our decor. That way they don't look so out of place or make the house look junky. We pretty much just unloaded these right inside the front door until I could figure out where to put them. We've been climbing around them for almost a week now..


I love this piece. 20$ for the set. It is pretty scratched up but that doesn't matter when you're painting! Also, the front leg on the left side is broken, so we will have to replace it. Probably all four legs so that they'll match. This would be perfect for our little nook of a dining room, so I may end up keeping this one.


I think this piece is my favorite and it was only $5! It's actually a sewing machine stand. The top lifts and folds down the back side to reveal the storage for your machine. But if you aren't a sewer then it would still make a super cute desk with a hidden little secret. I loved the gray color I used on my cedar chest so much, I'm thinking of doing this piece the same color.


Ignore the halloween decorations on top. I have no idea how I will do this little desk but for $5, I couldn't pass it up. I've seen some really cute creations of school desks, so maybe after some searching I'll find some inspiration.

Those green totes store all my halloween decorations. They are the reason I haven't started any of these projects yet. I've gathered all my decorations into a pile next to the boxes but haven't actually packed them up yet. The boxes are mostly blocking my hallway and because of that I can't get any of the furniture down the hall and into my craft room. Until I get my craft room set up for my sewing machine and all my supplies, I've been using it to do my furniture in. So tomorrow my main goal is get rid of the green totes!



This last picture just kind of shows my point of making things blend in. M got this chair from the church he works at. They were going to throw it in the trash! I'm planning on it being my first upholstering experiment. When I work up the guts to tackle it. The nightstand I am painting gray to use in our bedroom. Since we don't have a dining table at the moment, I used the space to make a sort of "sitting area". It stores the two pieces without it looking like storage. I think. Hopefully. :)

The picture of Roxy is just for cuteness. Maybe I'll share her story one day. She's the latest (and last) of our fur babies.

1 comments:

WhyCuzICan said...

Hi Holly,

Looking forward to seeing your make overs :)

Your Follower in NW Illinois,
Suzanne

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes