Monday, July 18, 2011

Blue End Table

It's a fresh new week but my Monday hasn't really had a fresh start. I'm still in that "can't get myself going" phase. Somethings gotta give!! Anywho, I believe I shared in my last post (or the one before that, can't remember!) that I had redone an end table. M and I were browsing Home Depot the other day. He was looking for bolts for his race car and I was cruising the paint aisle's waiting on him. I came across this spray paint that was only 2.98 a can. That's cheaper than Walmart! (Without getting the cheap, cheap stuff.) Most of you have probably seen/used this before, but I haven't so it excites me! :) It's Rust-oleum Painter's Touch in Satin Lagoon. I had originally planned on doing this table a bright red, but after seeing this color I changed my mind. In my excitement to get started, I didn't take any before pictures .. Sorry! But here's the after:




I lined with drawer with some paper I printed out from online. I modpodged it in, but after drying the color changed. At first I hated it, but now after looking at it for a few days, it's grown on me. Kinda gave it an aged look. Also the top had almost completely come off. You could life half of it up off the rest of it. So it took some nails, then some screws and lots of wood filler, but I'm pretty pleased with the result!

Happy Monday!! :)

Linking up @
Sumo's Sweet Stuff

Becolorful







Furniture Feature Fridays

6 comments:

Unknown said...

cute redo. i love the white pull with the distressing... great job

WhyCuzICan said...

Very pretty Holly! :) Keep popping in to view your goodies as time permits with the settling in from our move to the house we call Sanctuary.

Best wishes
Suzanne and Speavers in IL

Be Colorful Coastal said...

Oh yeah. Love the color and that you took the time to tweak the drawer too. I think the paper has a kind of vintage or retro vibe that definitely works with that color.
Thanks for linking it up to Motivated Monday at beColorful. I hope you will visit again.
Pam

Cassie Bustamante said...

it's sooo cute! and i love your little owl! :)

Deana said...

super cute! Thanks for joining my party!!

Marti said...

I love it blue, but then I'm partial to blue and white (and blue and just about anything). I've never thought of printing paper online, I really like that.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes