Monday, July 11, 2011

First Feature!

I know that it's been a minute since I last posted. Things the last week have been less than blog-worthy. You know, one of those week's where nothing seems to go right, you feel icky and less than extraodinary.  That was my week. I got next to nothing accomplished. My furniture projects are stacking up on me. I even added 2 more things on top of what was in the last post I made. I just couldn't get myself going no matter what I tried. (although i'll admit, i didn't really try to hard!) But.. this is a new week and I'm determined to get some stuff done!

So far this morning, I slept until 10. Not the greatest start to my productive week. But I didn't get to sleep till almost 3am, so I'm excusing myself! (i have the worst insomnia, esp this past week.) Then I started on these barstools. I have 2, and I didn't really take a before picture. This one is just from some photo's I was taking of my animals one day.


These actually came from my old boss. When we got our house, I mentioned I needed some barstools and she offered up some that were just chilling in her garage. We've used them for almost 3 years now, but they are a little tall for my counter. So I'm deciding to make them over and pass along! My vision is actually to do them in a creamy off white color and just stain the seat in a darker stain. And of course antiqued and distressed! So far today, I've gotten one coat of primer on them. Painting all those stinkin' spindles sucks!! And just because my kitty, Mr. Fuzzy Butt, was in the picture I feel that I need to show off his new haircut. We have 2 cats that are both long haired and I was soooo fed up with all that hair on everything! So we shaved it all off .. Lion style! And I think it's adorable and no more cat hair!


I think he felt a little less than manly the first few days, but he's back to his old self now!
Anyways, I'm rambling.. and the real point of this post was to say that "I've been featured!" It's my first feature, ever. And it allows me to cross off one thing on my 101 list! I never imagined that it would happen so soon and I hope that more will follow! It totally made my day just a little bit better! So a BIG thank you to Lauren @ West Furniture Revival! Ya'll go check it out, there is lots of other fabulous ladies featured too!




1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the shout out!

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes